In 2020 ISN is meeting as a satellite to the International Symposium on Olfaction and Taste (ISOT), which begins on the evening of June 20, 2020, at the Portland Convention Center. ISN 2020 will begin at 8am and end at 5:30pm on June 20, 2020.
Registration for ISN 2020 and the separate Dinner Workshop can be found on the ISOT registration page. This page also provides links to hotels for lodging at reduced rates for attendees of ISN 2020.
Speakers will deliver lectures spanning the breadth of ISN. This includes the development of foods that are more flavorful and have greater nutrition benefits, new agricultural practices, the science behind flavor and appetite, and the clinical benefits of a healthy diet.
Confirmed speakers at ISN 2020:
- Dr. Alexandria DeFeliciantonio, Virginia Tech University
- Dr. Benjamin R. Arenkiel, Baylor University
- Dr. Steve Jones, Washington State University
- Dr. Harry Klee, University of Florida
- Chef Jehangir Mehta, Graffiti Earth, New York
- Dr. Ana Sangabriel, Ajinomoto Corporation
- Dr. Gordon Shepherd, Yale University
- Richard King, University of Kentucky
Others to be announced
ISN also offers a Neurogastronomy Dinner Workshop. The tradition of this event is to feature the culinary skills of ISN and local chefs in a setting where participants can experience flavor while learning about its nature and origins.
ISN 2020 Travel grants for Trainees and Persons from Underrepresented Groups
Trainees (students and postgraduate fellows) and persons of nationally recognized underrepresented groups are eligible for these awards. Interested persons should view the rules and procedures document.
ISN 2021: Santa Barbara, CA. Satellite partner meeting to the Metabolic Health Summit.